Q: Does the Komen Race for the Cure® require fundraising?
You are not required to fundraise, but we do encourage all participants to fundraise above the entry fee. Just Imagine the IMPACT - If every Race participant raises just $100 in addition to their registration fee, we would bring in $500,000 to support local screening, treatment and educational programs in our community, and an additional $175,000 for national breast cancer research!
Q: Does the money raised stay right here in our community?
Yes! Up to 75 percent of the net income from the Race stays right here in our community to fund vital breast cancer health education and breast cancer screening and treatment programs. And the remaining 25 percent supports the Komen for the Cure Award and Research Grants Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research.
Q. How do I use the online fundraising tools?
Komen Mid-Michigan Race for the Cure®
P.O. Box 4368
East Lansing, MI 48826
For donations on behalf of an individual participant or a team, please include that information on the donation form. Participants: To ensure that donations are credited to your Fundraising Goal, please make sure that a donation form accompanies each offline gift (check). Donors who provide an e-mail address will receive a prompt receipt.
Q: Is there a deadline for fundraising?
All donations on your behalf that are received by May 31, 2013 will be credited to your fundraising total.
Q. What are some ways I can fundraise for my team/my individual goal?
We have plenty of ideas on our Fundraising Tips page! For more information on how to use the online tools, click here.